Sr Project Manager
Yankees, Angels, Eagles, Seahawks, Lollapalooza, Governors Ball, Bonnaroo…the biggest names in entertainment are our customers. We power the tech behind every t-shirt, hotdog and drink sold at these venues, and at a global list of other clients that you just wouldn’t believe. Didn’t think Point of Sale could be sexy? Think again.
Appetize is looking for a truly exceptional project manager to work with one of our large software development teams. This is a critical role, leading web, mobile, and quality engineers to tackle an endless, important feature list at intimidating scale. Imagine Lollapalooza or a hot Yankees game in the middle of summer if you couldn’t buy a beer…unacceptable. The stuff you’ll work on has a very real impact, and our customers will love you or hate you for what you deliver. What you and your team build matters here.
You are the most expert of jugglers, able to keep your engineers executing efficiently today, while making sure that you’re looking ahead to tomorrow, next week, and next quarter. You are passionate about process, a wizard in Jira, and a master of all things burndown-chart. You should think agile, but not be religious about it. We’re a roadmap and deadline driven business, and we are as agile as those constraints allow. While your focus is on your team, you never lose sight of the fact that what your team does impacts our customers. You keep your sights on delivery commitments, and coach your team to do the same. At the same time, Appetize is passionate about our culture. Keeping your team happy is important, not just because it means they’re delivering well, but because that’s the kind of company we choose to be. It’s a careful balance, but you’re an expert juggler, remember?
We have an incredible team, with a brilliant culture…what are you waiting for?Responsibilities:
- Management of multiple software development projects, from spec through maintenance
- Work with product and the business to prioritize and deliver on schedule
- Own Jira for your team, driving process and transparency
- Communicate with the business around progress and delivery, the good, bad and the ugly
- Be customer facing as necessary
- Be available as necessary to troubleshoot urgent issues
- Work closely with other project managers to coordinate enterprise wide initiatives
- Be a technical thought-leader, constantly improving how we work
- Champion a positive culture, both for your team and the larger organization
- Be approachable and transparent, wear a lot of hats and always be aware of the big picture of making Appetize great
- 8+ years of impressive software project management experience
- Experience leading both thin and thick client development teams
- Strong background in implementing process around the full lifecycle of software development
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and excellent listening skills
- Willing to travel occasionally, including internationally